Monday, December 20, 2010


It's been a long time since I left you a strong rhyme to step to. Think of how many weak blogs you slept through. Time's up, sorry I kept you.

So what's been missing lately? A little civility and way too much common sense. The world has lost its mind. The best thing about having a black president is white people no longer feel the need to conceal what they think. Any offensive, racist or straight up ignorant thing that comes to mind, they're all over. I've walked in offices and seen a picture of a witchdoctor with a bone through his nose and mouth. Look closer and Obama's face has been superimposed on it with the caption reading "Obamacare". And this was before healthcare reform passed.

"Nah, that's not racist at all," i said sarcastically, realizing I would be meeting with these guys for at least an hour.

"we like to have fun around here," preppy old fart #1 said, visibly uncomfortable that the black reporter he didn't think would make it to the back office had seen what wasn't to be seen.

"And that's the slightest bit racist," I said again before moving on and conducting the meeting.

It's been my experience that I'm not gonna like (or particularly be interested) in 56% of the people I interview throughout my career. Some I like more than others, some I like less. Then, there are the ones who I downright LOATHE. But it isn't always ignorant racist whites.

I tend to run into a lot of black people with an inflated sense of self, meaning they think they're a hell of a lot more important than they really are. And they want everyone else to acknowledge it. Bow Down! as Ice Cube would say. Most of the time, hilarity ensues. At other times I'm made sick to my stomach as I realize these are the people who may end up in charge of the city I live in. Next step, escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment